Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Rose Cupcake Bouquet (Using Styrofoam Ball)
Posted by BurnsyJ
I recently made a cupcake bouquet with my extra cupcakes for a dessert auction. I had been wanting to try it for quite a while but had no reason to. What I found was that it was easier than I had thought. This makes a great centerpiece for any occasion and the cupcakes easily slide off when it's time for dessert.
List of Materials
- Flower Pot
- Styrofoam ball
- Green tissue paper
- Favorite cupcakes
- Favorite buttercream icing
Place the styrofoam ball in the pot and push it down so it's secure. Then slide 2 toothpicks next to each other into the ball near the top of the pot. I used 2 toothpicks so that the cupcakes didn't turn. Make sure the toothpicks are pushed in far enough because next you're going to slide a cupcake right down on top of the toothpicks so that the toothpicks puncture the bottom of the cupcake. Continue placing toothpicks in the ball and cupcakes on the toothpicks until you make it all the way around the ball. Try to get the cupcakes as close as you can.
Continue to place toothpicks into the ball and slide cupcakes onto the toothpicks. Try to get the cupcakes as close as possible to minimize gaps. When you get near the top, you may want to "dry fit" the cupcakes to make sure you don't leave a huge blank spot on top. I was able to fit 29 cupcakes on this bouquet.
I decided to put 3 different colored roses on my bouquet. Since I used 3 different flavors of cupcakes, and had randomly stuck them to the ball, I started by making the red velvet cupcakes white. I used a 1M tip and did a simple rose swirl on each one. I used indydebi's buttercream recipe found on this site ... it crusts nicely and does not slide off.
Next I tinted the white buttercream pink and put a pink rose swirl on each of the vanilla cupcakes.
I then added red coloring to the pink icing so that I could put a red rose swirl on each of the chocolate cupcakes.
Finally, to fill in the gaps, I cut green tissue paper into small squares, gathered them (one at a time) around the end of a pen, and poked them into the gaps between flowers to look like leaves.
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Cake flowers 10 seconds ago
- › What do you think? 3 minutes ago
- › Smash cakes 7 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 8 minutes ago
- › banana cake that I can carve and use fondant 12 minutes ago
- › How do I do the lines in this cake 16 minutes ago
- › Cat cake? Too funny! 27 minutes ago
- › Need ideas for this complicated design 28 minutes ago
- › Question about Pettinice Fondant 31 minutes ago
- › If you use Sweetex... 33 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan