Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Rose Cupcake Bouquet (Using Styrofoam Ball)
Posted by BurnsyJ
I recently made a cupcake bouquet with my extra cupcakes for a dessert auction. I had been wanting to try it for quite a while but had no reason to. What I found was that it was easier than I had thought. This makes a great centerpiece for any occasion and the cupcakes easily slide off when it's time for dessert.
List of Materials
- Flower Pot
- Styrofoam ball
- Green tissue paper
- Favorite cupcakes
- Favorite buttercream icing
Place the styrofoam ball in the pot and push it down so it's secure. Then slide 2 toothpicks next to each other into the ball near the top of the pot. I used 2 toothpicks so that the cupcakes didn't turn. Make sure the toothpicks are pushed in far enough because next you're going to slide a cupcake right down on top of the toothpicks so that the toothpicks puncture the bottom of the cupcake. Continue placing toothpicks in the ball and cupcakes on the toothpicks until you make it all the way around the ball. Try to get the cupcakes as close as you can.
Continue to place toothpicks into the ball and slide cupcakes onto the toothpicks. Try to get the cupcakes as close as possible to minimize gaps. When you get near the top, you may want to "dry fit" the cupcakes to make sure you don't leave a huge blank spot on top. I was able to fit 29 cupcakes on this bouquet.
I decided to put 3 different colored roses on my bouquet. Since I used 3 different flavors of cupcakes, and had randomly stuck them to the ball, I started by making the red velvet cupcakes white. I used a 1M tip and did a simple rose swirl on each one. I used indydebi's buttercream recipe found on this site ... it crusts nicely and does not slide off.
Next I tinted the white buttercream pink and put a pink rose swirl on each of the vanilla cupcakes.
I then added red coloring to the pink icing so that I could put a red rose swirl on each of the chocolate cupcakes.
Finally, to fill in the gaps, I cut green tissue paper into small squares, gathered them (one at a time) around the end of a pen, and poked them into the gaps between flowers to look like leaves.
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 12 minutes ago
- › Help!!! 1st time working with sugar 22 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 25 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 3D Bust Cakes???? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Can you turn any ganache into a ganache buttercream? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking