Edited on 4/26/04
- ButterkuchenEdited on 4/26/04
- Honey Cake IIEdited on 4/26/04
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is an old German recipe for coffee cake.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast 1/4 cup warm water 1 teaspoon white sugar 2 cups milk 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup shortening 2 teaspoons salt 2 eggs, beaten 7 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups white sugar 3 cups water 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 3/4 cup milk 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup butter 1 tablespoon white sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water to which 1 teaspoon of sugar has been added.
2 Scald 2 cups milk; add 1/2 cup sugar, shortening and salt. Cool to lukewarm. Beat in eggs. Add flour enough to make medium thick batter and beat well. Add beaten eggs and dissolved yeast, beat well. Stir in the remaining flour. When too thick to mix by spoon, pour onto floured board. Knead dough until smooth and elastic.
3 Put dough into greased bowl, and let rise until double in size. Divide into 2 parts. Knead each down, and roll out to fit 13 X 9 inch pan.
4 Put 1 1/2 cup sugar into heavy skillet and brown, stirring all the time. Add 3 cups water. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Sir together 3 tablespoons flour and 3/4 cup milk; add to the sugar water. Cook until mixture is thick like gravy. Cool. Add allspice. Spread on unbaked coffee cakes.
5 Mix 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle rivels mixture over coffee cake.
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 7 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 8 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 9 minutes ago
- › Fondant questions 19 minutes ago
- › Popular Wedding Cake Styles 22 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 23 minutes ago
- › NEW: States that License Home Kitchens 40 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 50 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 52 minutes ago
- › Dummy tier do I need sps? 1 hour ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan