A Very Merry Go Round Cake
Edited on 6/12/11
- Creole Christmas CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Lydia's one-egg cake and chocolate frostingEdited on 12/20/10
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- topicChristmas Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Ricotta Pie (Old Italian Recipe)
Posted by AnonymousThis is an old Italian recipe for a pie with a sweet crust--just like from the old country. My in-laws are Italian and they say that this is the best pie. It is always requested for Christmas. Mini chocolate bits and lemon rind can be mixed into the batter.
Ricotta Pie (Old Italian Recipe)
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese 12 eggs 2 cups white sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips 4 cups all-purpose flour 5 teaspoons baking powder 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup shortening 4 eggs, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Beat the 12 eggs, 2 cups sugar and vanilla or lemon extract together. Stir in the ricotta cheese and the chocolate chips. Set aside.
2 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease two deep dish pie plates.
3 Combine the flour, baking powder, and 1 cup of the sugar together. Cut in the shortening and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in 4 of the eggs and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Divide dough into 4 balls and chill (if needed).
4 Roll out 2 of the balls to fit into the pie pans. Do not make the crust too thick as it will expand during cooking and get too thick. Do not flute the edges of the dough. Roll out the other 2 balls of dough and cut each into 8 narrow strips for the top of the crust. Alternately you can use cookie cutters and place the cutouts on the top of the pies.
5 Pour the filling evenly into the pie crusts. Top each pie with 8 narrow strips of dough or cookie cut-outs. Brush top of pie with milk for shine. Place foil on the edge of crust.
6 Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes then remove foil. Continue to bake for another 25 or 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Creole Christmas Cake
- › Black Fondant Advice 1 minute ago
- › Slimy fondant! 1 minute ago
- › What words should best describe your cake? 9 minutes ago
- › Popular Wedding Cake Styles 14 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 18 minutes ago
- › Whipped Cream Flag Cake without Fruit????? 23 minutes ago
- › Cake idea for anniversary 27 minutes ago
- › 2nd time cancellation- need help 33 minutes ago
- › How do i price for a fake wedding cake? 36 minutes ago
- › how do I make an open mouthed shark head cake pop? 42 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan