Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Reenie's Sugar Cookies
Posted by reenieI tweaked this recipe from an old Betty Crocker sugar cookie recipe I found in my mothers old cookbook. The resulting cookie is durable enough to decorate and wrap the cookies. I've left the cookies out to dry for 3 days in the open and they were still as fresh tasting as they were the first. Slightly crunchy on the outside yet still a little chewy on the inside.
Reenie's Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 egg 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp. baking soda Cooking spray for spraying hands Wax paper for rolling, 2 pieces about 2ft. long each Parchment paper for baking
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2. Cream powdered sugar and butter in a large bowl until light in color. Mix in vanilla extract and egg until well blended.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Add in mixture into the butter and sugar mixture making sure to mix them until just incorporated. Spray your hands with cooking spay and knead the dough togehter in the bowl until you get most of it off the sides of the bowl and the dough is smooth.
- 4. Transfer the dough to the wax paper and sandwich it between to two pieces of the wax paper. Roll out to 1/4" thickness and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes until stiff.
- 5. Remove dough from freezer and peel the paper off of both sides of the dough. Cut with cookie cutters and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light gold around the edges. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
- 6. Knead remaining dough into a ball and repeat steps 4 through 5 until all dough is used.
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 871 Active Users (14 Members and 857 Guests)
- › Hi, I need help 2 minutes ago
- › Getting Permission or Not too? 9 minutes ago
- › Please Help me plan a Dora birthday 9 minutes ago
- › Hard Cake??? 10 minutes ago
- › How to stack cake dummies? 12 minutes ago
- › Cake decorating supply store 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › fathers day cookies 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Where can I get this texture 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Where to buy supplies in UAE 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net