Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Red Velvet greatness cupcakes!!
Posted by tennistaylor
- 1/2 cup of shortening 1 1/2 cups of sugar 2 eggs 2 tablespoons of cocoa 1 1/2 ounces of red food coloring 1 teaspoon of salt 2 1/2 cups of flour 1 teaspoon of vanilla 1 cup of buttermilk 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1 tablespoon vinegar
InstructionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream the shortening and gradually beat in the sugar. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Make a paste out of the cocoa and red food coloring and add it to the creamed mixture. Add the salt, flour, and vanilla alternately with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, sprinkle the baking soda over the vinegar and pour over the batter. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Key Lime Cupcakes
Currently, there are 1026 Active Users (28 Members and 998 Guests)
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 54 seconds ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 8 minutes ago
- › Dummy tier do I need sps? 18 minutes ago
- › A question for 3d cakes. 21 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 28 minutes ago
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 33 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 36 minutes ago
- › Its never red enough! 41 minutes ago
- › Covering large cake dummy without a mat - cracking disaster - any... 49 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan