A Very Merry Go Round Cake
Edited on 6/12/11
- Creole Christmas CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Lydia's one-egg cake and chocolate frostingEdited on 12/20/10
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- topicChristmas Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Red Velvet Cake IV
Posted by AnonymousThe classic red cake with a white chocolate cream cheese icing.
Red Velvet Cake IV
- 1 cup butter, softened 3 cups white sugar 6 eggs 1 ounce red food coloring 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 tablespoon white vinegar 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese 12 ounces white chocolate 1 cup butter, softened
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch pans.
2 In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix food coloring with cocoa and add to mixture.
3 Add flour alternately with buttermilk. Add vanilla and salt.
4 Mix baking soda with vinegar, and gently stir into mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
5 divide batter into three prepared 8 inch round pans. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
6 To make the White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing: Melt the white chocolate and allow to cool to lukewarm. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in melted white chocolate and softened butter. Beat until it is the consistency of whipped cream, then use to fill and frost the cake.
- Creole Christmas Cake
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 3 minutes ago
- › Almonds? 8 minutes ago
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 11 minutes ago
- › Licences or Certification? 11 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 26 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 31 minutes ago
- › Trademark Infringement 46 minutes ago
- › Family and Cupcakes 50 minutes ago
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net