A Very Merry Go Round Cake
Edited on 6/12/11
- Creole Christmas CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Lydia's one-egg cake and chocolate frostingEdited on 12/20/10
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- topicChristmas Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Red Velvet Cake
Posted by AnonymousA family favorite -- great for the Christmas holiday. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.
Red Velvet Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 tablespoons cocoa 4 tablespoons red food coloring 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 cup white sugar 1 cup butter 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Grease two 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Cream shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar WELL. Add eggs and beat well.
3 Make a paste of cocoa and red food coloring. Add to creamed mixture. Mix salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla and buttermilk together. Add alternately the flour with the milk mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix soda and vinegar and FOLD INTO CAKE BATTER. DON'T BEAT OR STIR NOW.
4 Bake for 30 minutes.
5 To Make Icing: Cook 5 Tablespoons flour and milk over low heat till thick, stirring constantly. LET COOL THOROUGHLY! While cooling, cream 1 cups sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat this well till light and fluffy. Add to flour mixture and beat until of a good spreading consistency. DON'T ICE CAKE TILL COOL.
- Creole Christmas Cake
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 11 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 34 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Help!!! 1st time working with sugar 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › 3D Bust Cakes???? 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking