Edited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on CakeEdited on 8/21/12
- Cake Pop Problems & Tutorial
Alphabetical Article List
HOW TO MAKE RED HEARTS INSIDE THE CAKE
Posted by al-tomczak
First thing Im very sorry for my English, but Im Polish who live in Italy.
In a last few days I saw on this web site a lot of different cake insert techniques which I liked very much. So I invented my own! It is very easy and simple, you dont have to use any complicated tools. I used this techniques when I made a cake for my husband for our 4th wedding anniversary, and he was very moved when he saw surprise inside the cake. I hope you will like it as much as I do!
List of Materials
- Rectangular pan for chocolate mud cake. I used 8 ¾ x 12 (21 x 30cm)
- Two or more empty beans can, the higher the better. I used Ø 2 ¾ x 4 (Ø7 x 10cm)
- Little hacksaw for metal.
- Sharp knife
- Backing sheets / backing paper
- Chocolate mud cake
- Red velvet or other red color cake
- A lot of white filling. I used cheese cream filling.
Cut out protruding edge of cans, then smooth the edge with sandpaper (Photo 1).
If yours can are smooth just skip out this step.
Put round piece of backing paper on the bottom inside each of cans and another one around the walls. Make sure that the paper is much more high than the can. This prevent that cake run out of the can in case it grow up too much (Photo 2).
Bake chocolate mud cake in rectangular pan and red velvet in beans cans. Them let them cool (Photo 3).
Cut chocolate mud cake in two thin layers.
With sharp knife cut along each of red cylinders in four quarter (Photo 4).
Cut out along each quarter a triangle piece of cake (Photo 5).
When you watch your red cylinder on the top you have to cut it as it show on Photo 6. Can you see four red hearts?
Put inside of rectangular backing pan first chocolate mud cake layer with the smooth surface down (Photo 7).
Put a thin layer of filling (Photo 8).
Put red hearts UP SIDE DOWN (Photo 9) on filling.
Press gently (Photo 10).
Cover with a rest of filling and put on the top the second layer of chocolate mud cake. (Upss! I forgot to make a photo of this two steps) Cover cake pan with cake board (Photo 11) and put the cake in refrigerator for a few hours.
Take the cake out from the refrigerator and TURN IT UP SIDE DOWN! Now hearts inside the cake are in the right position!
Cover cake with icing and fondant as you wish and it is done!
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)
- › Giant Cupcake Help! 33 seconds ago
- › Kentucky Cottage Food Laws "HELP" 4 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 8 minutes ago
- › Hi, advice needed please 20 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 25 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 28 minutes ago
- › sports logos 28 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 37 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 39 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan