Posted by SofinetteThis is a real tiramisu recipe from my mother (She is italian). Really easy and fast to prepare. Makes me going nuts when I read recipes with whipped cream in it, so I am giving you a traditional recipe. Sorry for my english, but I am french speaking...
Real italian Tiramisu
- Amaretto liquor 1 & ¾ cup mascarpone cheese 3 egg yolks 3 egg whites ½ cup sugar (or more if you like it very sweet) 1 pack of lady fingers Very strong coffee Cocoa powder
- Prepare strong coffee, and add it the Amaretto liquor.
- Taste the coffee with a spoon, it has to taste the Amaretto, or else it is useless.
- Mascarpone cheese preparation
- Beat the egg yolks together with sugar at least 2 or 3 minutes.
- Softened the mascarpone with a fork and then add it to your eggs+ sugar preparation and fold in.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until it gets very high and fluffy.
- Add them delicately to the rest of your preparation.
- Dip the lady fingers quickly in the coffee for about 1 or 2 seconds (not too quickly and not too long).
- Lean them in the bottom of your pan and then cover with mascarpone preparation, and repeat until you reach the top.
- Finally sprinkle your tiramisu with the cocoa powder and put it in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- The best is to prepare it the day before.
- 1 pound each spoon. lol