Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding CakesEdited on 4/24/05
- Million Dollar Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Rave Reviews Coconut Cake
Posted by AnonymousA wonderful moist coconut cake perfect for birthday parties. Walnuts and pecans are interchangeable in this recipe.
Rave Reviews Coconut Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix 1 1/3 cups water 4 eggs 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 cups flaked coconut 1 cup chopped walnuts 4 tablespoons butter 2 cups flaked coconut 2 teaspoons milk 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
2 Blend the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the coconut and the chopped walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 15 minutes then remove and finish cooling on rack.
4 To Make Frosting: Melt the butter or margarine in a skillet. Add the 2 cups flaked coconut and stir constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread coconut on absorbent paper to cool.
5 Cream the remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine with the cream cheese. Add the milk and confectioners' sugar alternately, beating well. Add the vanilla and stir in 1 3/4 cups of the toasted coconut.
6 To Assemble Cake: Spread tops of cooled cake layers with some of the frosting. Stack them and then frost the sides of the cake. Sprinkle Cake with the remaining toasted coconut.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
- › Any fancy bakeries or great supply shops in Memphis, TN? 17 minutes ago
- › Need Modiified Hershey Perfectly Chocolate Cake Recipe 19 minutes ago
- › Has anyone made a cake to look like a bar of chocolate? 28 minutes ago
- › Cookies won't stay on the stick 32 minutes ago
- › i'm devasted... 32 minutes ago
- › Does a raspberry preserve filling need refrigeration? 33 minutes ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 35 minutes ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 36 minutes ago
- › fondant figure.? 41 minutes ago
- › Tiered Cake Boxes.......???? 50 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking