5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Raspberry Walnut Torte
Posted by AnonymousA very dense, decadent cake that always gets raves from friends and family. You can substitute other nuts for the walnuts and different preserves if desired.
Raspberry Walnut Torte
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup ground walnuts 1 1/2 cups heavy cream 1 1/2 cups white sugar 3 eggs 3 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1 cup white sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups heavy cream 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch pans. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground walnuts. Set aside. In a small bowl whip 1 1/2 cups cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and 3 teaspoons vanilla. Beat 5 minutes at highest speed of an electric mixer. fold in flour mixture alternately with whipped cream.
3 Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4 To make the Frosting: In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth. In a separate small bowl, whip 1/12 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
5 To assemble cake: Split each layer in half horizontally to form 4 layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second layer; spread with 1/2 cup preserves. Top with 3rd layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost sides of cake with frosting, reserving about 1 cup for decorating. Spread remaining preserves on top of cake. Using a pastry bag and a star tip, pipe reserved frosting in a lattice design on the top of cake, pipe border around top and bottom edges of cake. Store in refrigerator.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › My first wedding cake. help 10 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 33 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 35 minutes ago
- › Least chewy (or non chewy if possible) fondant brand or recipe 44 minutes ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Bettercreme? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › How far in advance can you bake & decorate? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950