5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Raspberry Almond Cake
Posted by AnonymousA delectable almond raspberry cake with an unusual frosting. Raspberry fruit spread is slowly beaten into whipped cream. For an elegant look, try garnishing it with fresh raspberries.
Raspberry Almond Cake
- 3 egg yolks 1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed 3/4 cup butter, melted 1 teaspoon almond extract 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup chopped almonds 4 egg whites 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup raspberry jam 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
2 In a large bowl, beat egg yolks. Blend in apple juice concentrate, melted butter or margarine, and almond extract. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to egg yolk mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped almonds.
3 In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream or tartar with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
4 Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cake is golden brown around the edges. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Turn cakes onto racks, and cool completely.
5 In a medium size mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer at high speed until peaks form. Beat in fruit spread, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until thick and well blended.
6 Brush liqueur evenly over cake layers, spread a dollop of the whipped cream mixture on the bottom layer and stack the other layer on top. Frost top and sides with whipped cream mixture; press slivered almonds around edge.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › Advise on Baking Software compatible with Quickbooks 1 minute ago
- › Help with Gum Paste/Fondant Figure Modeling!!! 11 minutes ago
- › recovering a cake with fondant after a failed first try 13 minutes ago
- › Fat Daddio Mad Dadder Pans Review and WARNING!!! 15 minutes ago
- › Separating buttercream..? 15 minutes ago
- › Suggestions please. Heel for a shoe 26 minutes ago
- › Sam's Club 30 minutes ago
- › whipped buttercream 30 minutes ago
- › Need a icing that can stay out the fridge for at least a day once... 34 minutes ago
- › Castle Cake - Question regarding decoration of turrets 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950