Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- No added sugar fruit cakeEdited on 11/19/08
- No Bake FruitcakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruit Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousA low fat cheescake that's well worth the working time. Great for the holidays.
- 1/4 cup golden raisins 1/4 cup raisins 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese 1 1/4 cups low-fat cottage cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup low-fat milk 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin 3 egg whites 1 cup boiling water 2 tablespoons water
1 Put all the raisins in a small bowl, and pour hot water over them. Set the bowl aside.
2 Heat 1/4 cup white sugar with 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil the mixture until the bubbles rise to the surface in a random pattern. This indicates that the water has nearly evaporated, and that the sugar is beginning to cook. With a small spoon, drop a bit of the sugar into a bowl filled with ice water. If the sugar dissolves immediately, continue cooking the sugar mixture. Remove from heat when the sugar dropped into the water can be rolled between your fingers into a ball.
3 Begin beating the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed. Pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl in a thin, steady stream. When all the sugar has been incorporated, decrease mixer speed to medium. Continue beating until the egg whites are glossy, have formed stiff peaks, and have cooled to room temperature--about 10 minutes. Increase the speed to high, and beat the meringue for 1 minute more.
4 Puree the yogurt, cream cheese, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup white sugar in a food processor or blender. Scrape the cheese mixture into a large bowl.
5 Pour the milk into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk. Let it stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Heat the milk over a medium heat, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved. Stir the milk into the cheese mixture. Mix about 1/3 of the meringue into the cheese mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in the rest of the meringue.
6 Line an 8 inch cake pan with plastic wrap. Drain the raisins, and scatter them in the bottom of the pan. Then pour the cheesecake batter into the lined pan. Chill for 4 hours. To turn out the cheesecake, invert a serving plate on top of the pan. Turn both over together. Lift away the pan, peel off the plastic wrap, and slice for serving.
- No added sugar fruit cake
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 2 minutes ago
- › Hola a todos ;) 15 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 18 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 30 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 30 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 32 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tazas de syrup por bizcocho 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › wedding cake batter 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Grad Cake help 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950