Mtn Dew Cake ( Mountain Dew) - revised
Edited on 5/11/12
- Grapefruit Cake with Grapefruit ButtercreamEdited on 3/12/12
- Lemon Ginger with Lemon Curd and Lemon cream cheese frostingEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCitrus Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Rainbow Citrus Cake
Posted by AnonymousTri-colored cake with a lemon layer, lime layer and an orange layer. The filling is a lemon curd and the frosting is orange.
Rainbow Citrus Cake
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 5 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup shortening 2 1/4 cups white sugar 4 eggs 1 1/2 cups milk 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest 2 teaspoons grated orange zest 2 teaspoons grated lime zest 2 drops yellow food coloring 2 drops orange food coloring 2 drops green food coloring
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (9 inch) pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Divide batter into 3 bowls.
3 In first bowl, stir in lemon zest and yellow food coloring; pour into prepared pan. In second bowl, Stir in orange zest and orange food coloring; pour into second prepared pan. In third bowl Stir in lime zest and green food coloring; pour into third prepared pan.
4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
5 Assemble the cake: Put layers together with Lemon Filling. Frost sides and top with Orange Cream Frosting. Refrigerate until serving.
- Grapefruit Cake with Grapefruit Buttercream
- › Fish cake 1 minute ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 3 minutes ago
- › How long do cakes stay fresh 9 minutes ago
- › 6 tier wedding cake 34 minutes ago
- › Sil-Pin in USA? 40 minutes ago
- › Help!! 52 minutes ago
- › Paint fondant on Harry Potter book cake brown?? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › newbie here 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950