Edited on 6/12/11
- TiramisuEdited on 6/7/11
- LIGHT CHERRY COFFEE CAKEEdited on 6/7/11
- Cherry Coffeecake
- topicCoffee Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Quick Coffee Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis coffee cake is wonderful, the cake itself it moist and delicious while the topping is slightly crunchy and sweeter. Together, they make a delightful combination that you will surely enjoy!
Quick Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 6 tablespoons white sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup shortening 1/2 cup milk 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons butter, melted 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
2 In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
3 In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir carefully until just blended.
4 Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
5 In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of cake. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- › Fudge Filling 12 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Stands 31 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 58 minutes ago
- › Why do I keep getting air bubbles under fondant?? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Best way to stencil letters onto fondant without it running??? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Sculpted sneakers pricing 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Hiding Bumpy fondant....HELP!!! Please 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › New updates to CC servers! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › can I paint ready rolled icing 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking