Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Queen Elizabeth Cake IIEdited on 4/26/04
- English Walnut Date CakeEdited on 4/26/04
- Easter Simnel Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Queen Elizabeth Cake I
Posted by AnonymousA scrumptious date nut cake that is truly fit for a queen. It is crowned with a broiled coconut topping.
Queen Elizabeth Cake I
- 1 cup boiling water 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped 1/4 cup butter, softened 1 cup white sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup flaked coconut 2/3 cup packed brown sugar 6 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup cream
1 Pour boiling water over dates in a small bowl, and let stand until cool.
2 Measure flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and nuts into a small bowl. Stir to mix.
3 Cream 1/4 cup butter or margarine and white sugar together in a mixing bowl; beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in three parts alternately with date mixture in two parts, beginning and ending with dry mixture. Spread batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
5 To Make Topping: Mix coconut, brown sugar, 6 tablespoons butter or margaine, and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil for three minutes. Spread over warm cake, and brown under broiler.
- Queen Elizabeth Cake II
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 22 seconds ago
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 5 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 8 minutes ago
- › Help! Baseball theme party!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake for Outdoor Reception in JULY (North Carolina) 12 minutes ago
- › How long do cakes stay fresh 20 minutes ago
- › What about coconuts? 20 minutes ago
- › cupcake delivery help! 44 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 54 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net