Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Basic chocolate CakeEdited on 10/24/12
- Paleo Chocolate CakeEdited on 7/25/12
- Chocolate strawberry cake
- topicChocolate Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Q's Favorite Chocolate Cake
Posted by mjnjThis recipe was handed to me by the executive chef of Guittard Chocolate. He said he developed it kind of by accident while working as the pastry chef at The Four Seasons in Los Angeles and that it became the favorite of many celebrities there. It is really moist and dark. Because it calls for baking soda, you do have to use the dutch processed cocoa and the rest time is what helps it bake up really nice and level. Everyone should try this cake!
Q's Favorite Chocolate Cake
- 2 c all purpose flour 2 c sugar 1 ts salt 1 1/4 ts baking soda 1 c water 1/2 c dutch processed cocoa 1 c buttermilk 3/4 c oil 2 large whole eggs 2 ts vanilla
- Boil water, turn off and add cocoa powder. Stir until combined. Allow to cool.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixer with whip until well incorporated.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients while mixing. Scrape well and mix on low speed 2 minutes.
- Add cocoa mixture and mix 1 more minute.
- Let batter rest 1 hour.
- Bake at 325* in 2 8" pans. (Greased and lined.) About 45 minutes.
- Basic chocolate Cake
Currently, there are 872 Active Users (15 Members and 857 Guests)
- › HELP!!!!! How do I fix this? 5 minutes ago
- › Design Help Please!!!!!!!! 18 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 34 minutes ago
- › How do you clean piping bags? 42 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 45 minutes ago
- › Cool trick to level cakes! 46 minutes ago
- › Coloring with gumpaste and fondant 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › What to charge for VW Bus? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Bettercreme? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950