Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Pumpkin shaped pumpkin cakeEdited on 9/11/07
- Pumpkin Spice RingEdited on 5/5/04
- Pumpkin Roll with Toffee Cream Filling and Caramel Sauce
Alphabetical Article List
Pumpkin Spice Cake I
Posted by AnonymousIf you like spice cake, this is very good. Even if your family doesn't like Pumpkin, I promise they'll never know there's pumpkin in this delicious cake. Top with Cream Cheese Frosting if you like.
Pumpkin Spice Cake I
- 1 1/4 cups shortening 2 eggs, beaten 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 1/4 cups white sugar 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, eggs, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin puree. Beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chopped pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Pumpkin shaped pumpkin cake
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 6 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 11 minutes ago
- › Unique Fathers Day Idea now I need Price? 15 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 20 minutes ago
- › Minnie mouse cake disaster 36 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › URGENT!! Baking a three layer cake - How do you all do it? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › mixing colors 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Mr Kipling ANGEL SLICES.........? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat