Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Spice Cake Extender with Cream Cheese icing
Edited on 10/27/07
- Pumpkin Spice RingEdited on 5/5/04
- Pumpkin Roll with Toffee Cream Filling and Caramel SauceEdited on 5/5/04
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is a great dessert, especially nice for holidays, but it can be served anytime of the year. The resulting pumpkin roll slices will impress your guests. The pumpkin roll is not as hard to make as it sounds. Be sure and use plain canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.
- 3 eggs 1 cup white sugar 2/3 cup solid pack pumpkin puree 1 teaspoon lemon juice 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 cup chopped pecans 1 cup confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 tablespoons butter 8 ounces cream cheese
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a jellyroll pan (large cookie sheet with sides).
2 In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and ginger. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly on top, and press lightly into batter.
3 Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it springs back when touched. Loosen edges with a knife. Turn out on two dishtowels that have been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up cake, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
4 To Make Filling: Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
5 Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, and spread with filling. Reroll, and push aside the dishtowel. Unroll long sheet of waxed paper. Put pumpkin roll on waxed paper. Dust pumpkin roll with powdered sugar. Twist ends of waxed paper like a piece of candy. Put pumpkin roll in refrigerator and chill overnight. Before slicing, dust with powdered sugar. Serve chilled.
- Pumpkin Spice Ring
- › Hi, I need help 1 minute ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 11 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 13 minutes ago
- › Cake v. Cupcake Recipes 18 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 18 minutes ago
- › BEST icing for decorating 21 minutes ago
- › transporting a full sheet cake 25 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 26 minutes ago
- › Overbid a cake 31 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 32 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net