Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Chocolate Spice Cake
Edited on 11/15/10
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Pumpkin Pecan CakeEdited on 11/12/10
- Pumpkin WASC variation
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousI learned how to make this cake from my mom, it is super easy and I have never served it to anyone who did'nt love it. I serve it every year at thanksgiving and Christmas and it makes a great gift with a bow and the recipe attached to it. Hope you like it! Oh and you can modify it by using any pie filling you want, instead of the pumpkin, I've used cherry and blueberry both very good!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix 1 Can Pumpkin 1 Can Evap. Milk 3/4 Sugar 4 eggs 1 TSP. Cinnamon 1/2 TSP. Ginger 1/2 TSP. Cloves 1/4 cup pecan pieces 2 sticks chilled butter (or margarine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9X13 pan or two 8X8 pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin with eggs in large bowl, add sugar and spices and mix. Gradually mix in milk. The mixture will be very soupy (more than a regular pumpkin pie). Pour the mixture into the greased pan. Next sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pie mixture. Then sprinkle the nuts. Slice the butter, long ways into 8 slices (4 per stick) and place on top of the nuts. Bake for 50-55 mins until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Its best when you let it rest for at least three hours before cutting and serving. I like it with fresh whipped cream and a cup of coffee.
- I honestly don't know its nutrional value, but I do know its very good and I've been known to each a whole one all by myself.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 851 Active Users (23 Members and 828 Guests)
- › red velvet wedding cake with cream cheese frosting. 20 seconds ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 1 minute ago
- › I've been left holding 130+ flowers!!! 13 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 27 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this Sugarveil mat? Or any that are not frumpy? 41 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 43 minutes ago
- › New a few eyes on this one... 45 minutes ago
- › Sam's Club 54 minutes ago
- › How do you prepare and organize for big/multiple orders? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Recipe help!! 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950