Posted by cocakedecoratorMy mother made these cookies for us when I was growing up and there so yummy and a good way to use up left over pumpkin from making pies at thankgiving!
- 1 cup margarine 1 cup sugar 1 cup pumpkin 1 egg 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt 4 tsp milk 3 tbsp margarine 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup powdered sugar 3/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 1. Cream margarine,sugar and pumpkin. Add egg and mix. Combine flour,baking soda, salt and cinammon add to wet mixture.
- 2. Drop from heaping tsp on a cookie sheet lined w/parchment or wax paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes;until edges start to brown.
- Cool completely.
- To make icing:
- Cook butter,milk and brown sugar until dissolved. Cool. Blend in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Drizzle over cookies.