Posted by G_CakesThe credit for this recipe goes to my sister Carmen V. who has finally had several of her recipes published in the CIBC Run for the Cure Cookbook. This is a very easy recipe to follow and is so yummy, and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. I am sure this will become a family favorite for many generations to come. I usually make this in a bunt pan but you can use what ever you comfortable with. Enjoy and WTG Carmen!!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- 3 cups flour 2 cups sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup oil (I use canola but you can use what ever you like) 3 eggs 14 ounce can crushed pumpkin 1 cup chocolate chips (semi, bitter sweet or dark your choice)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) Beat eggs and sugar together with mixer till creamy.
- 3) Add pumpkin and mix well.
- 4) Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- 5) Add oil and beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- 6) Fold in chocolate chips.
- 7) Grease pans with light spray or butter and flour, and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour. Cooking times may vary depending on type of pan used.
- 8) Let cake cool completely and drizzle top with warmed cream cheese glaze or your favorite glaze.
- Serve with a glass of milk, pot of coffee or tea and share with someone you love<3