White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Promise's Meringue Buttercream
Posted by prterrellNote: This is my own personal recipe that I developed. Please credit me if sharing with others, thanks Promise Whitley
Promise's Meringue Buttercream
- Ingredients: 6 tablespoons Wilton meringue powder 1 cup cold water 4 cups granulated sugar ¼ cup corn syrup 1 cup warm water 8 sticks (2 pounds) regular (salted) butter 1 cup Crisco 2 teaspoons extract/flavoring: vanilla, lemon, orange, almond, mint, or crème bouquet
- wipe a large mixing bowl and beaters with a paper towel dampened with white vinegar, let air dry. Once dried, in this mixing bowl and using these beaters, whip 6 tablespoons of Wilton meringue powder and 1 cup of cold water to stiff peaks.
- While you are whipping this up, in a saucepan over medium high, heat 4 cups granulated sugar, ¼ cup corn syrup and 1 cup warm water to 250 deg F then immediately transfer to a heatproof measuring cup and cool to 240 deg F.
- Slowly add the syrup to the whipped meringue. To insure that the syrup does not crystallize from hitting the beaters, pour in a little at a time (about ¼ cup) and whip it in completely before adding more, but this all has to be added in before the syrup cools too much and starts to harden.
- Once the syrup is all added, beat on high until the meringue is very stiff and shiny.
- Cool the meringue in the fridge to under 100 deg F.
- Then rewhip on high for 1 min.
- Cut 8 sticks of cold butter into tiny pieces (1/2" cubes or smaller). Add a few cubes (1/4 of a stick or less) at a time and blend until it is completely gone.
- Then blend in 1 cup of Crisco until it is completely incorporated.
- Whip buttercream on high for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of extract or flavoring of you choice (vanilla extract, lemon extract, orange extract, almond extract, mint extract, or crème bouquet) and then whip on high for 3 more minutes.
- May be stored on counter for up to 3 days as long as temp in house is 70 deg F or less or store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Allow to come to room temp and then rewhip on high for 3 to 5 minutes before using.
- To make mint-chocolate chip buttercream, make mint buttercream and fold in 1 cup mini chocolate chips by hand.
- To make mocha buttercream, leave out the extract. Instead, in a measuring cup, stir together ¼ cup instant hot mocha flavored drink mix and just enough water to make a thick paste. Whip this into the buttercream in the step where you add flavoring.
- To make chocolate buttercream, make buttercream with vanilla extract and 4 to 8 oz melted and cooled (to room temp) unsweetened baking chocolate (adjust for how strong of a chocolate flavor you want).
- To make chocolate almond buttercream, make buttercream with almond extract and 4 to 8 oz melted and cooled (to room temp) unsweetened baking chocolate (adjust for how strong of a chocolate flavor you want).
- To make brown sugar buttercream, substitute brown sugar for the granulated sugar and dark corn syrup for the corn syrup. Follow all other directions as posted above. Use orange extract for best flavor.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 603 Active Users (11 Members and 592 Guests)
- › Mexican Paste 2 minutes ago
- › Smash cakes 7 minutes ago
- › Help me please! 14 minutes ago
- › What do you guys think of my first decorated cake 38 minutes ago
- › Teddy bear fur 42 minutes ago
- › 4 inch round cake & fondant 48 minutes ago
- › Pillow Cake help 51 minutes ago
- › How do I create the effect of glass? 1 hour ago
- › Fondant not sticking to cake 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › how do I make damask designs on a cake 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan