Chocolate French toast with Nutella filling
Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Peanut Brittle
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is a French Canadian recipe from Quebec. It is a feather light dessert.
- 2 1/4 cups pastry flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 3/4 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups white sugar 3 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 tablespoons cognac 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup light cream 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1/4 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules 1 tablespoon cognac
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease thoroughly a fluted 2 quart ring mold, and dust lightly with flour.
2 Sift pastry flour, salt, and baking powder together.
3 In a large bowl, cream shortening well. Gradually blend in 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons cognac; beat until light and fluffy. Gently blend sifted ingredients alternately with the milk and cream into the creamed mixture. Pour batter into ring mold.
4 Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan, and allow to cool.
5 In a clean, cold bowl, beat the 2 cups whipping cream until peaks form. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar and coffee powder. Frost the cake with whipped cream. When serving, drizzle cake with a few drops of cognac.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 45 seconds ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 3 minutes ago
- › Hola a todos ;) 25 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 28 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 40 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 40 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 42 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Tazas de syrup por bizcocho 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › wedding cake batter 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950