5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Potato Chocolate Torte
Posted by AnonymousCheck with a cookware store if you have never seen a potato ricer.
Potato Chocolate Torte
- 2 potatoes, peeled and halved 1 cup butter 2 cups white sugar 4 egg whites 4 egg yolks 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 1 cup ground almonds 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, grated 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 To rice potatoes: Place potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes, and cool slightly. Hold the ricer over a bowl and force the potatoes through the sieve until completely processed.
2 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon. Set aside.
3 Cream butter and sugar until light. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add riced/mashed potatoes, ground almonds and grated chocolate.
4 Add flour mixture and mix well. Fold in the lemon rind.
5 Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into batter until no streaks remain.
6 Pour batter into a 9 inch springform. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Let cool, then frost with chocolate frosting.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › Tiered Cake Boxes.......???? 13 seconds ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 27 seconds ago
- › Everything you ever wanted to know about buttercream 35 seconds ago
- › Marshmallow fondant... For sculpting? 11 minutes ago
- › fondant figure.? 16 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 17 minutes ago
- › Tree trunk cake... 22 minutes ago
- › Ruffles! 23 minutes ago
- › Does a raspberry preserve filling need refrigeration? 44 minutes ago
- › NC Home Bakery Laws 44 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking