Pink Champagne WASC FTW
Edited on 4/25/13
- WASC Scratch CakeEdited on 8/20/12
- Simple Moist White Cake (Scratch WASC)Edited on 5/30/12
- Layered White Cake
- topicWhite Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Pink Champagne Cake
Posted by neurnrPink Champagne Cake Recipe From Thirty Years of Recipe Requests to the Los Angeles Times by Rose Dosti This cake is a show-stopper! It is rich with champagne, marshmallows, and coconut. Pink Champagne Cake is one of the most requested recipes from one of the largest newspapers in the U.S. It is perfect for any special occasion, especially New Year's when champagne abounds.
Pink Champagne Cake
- INGREDIENTS: 2-3/4 cups sifted flour 1 Tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup shortening 1-1/2 cups sugar 3/4 cup champagne 6 egg whites 6 large marshmallows, quartered . Coconut Filling 1/4 cup butter 16 large marshmallows, quartered 1 Tablespoon white wine 1 cup flaked coconut . Fondant Frosting 1 pound powdered sugar 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1/4 cup water 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla Dash salt Few drops almond extract 2 to 3 drops red food coloring
- Resift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream shortening with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in flour mixture and champagne alternately, mixing to smooth batter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat to stiff meringue. Fold about half of meringue into batter, mixing gently but thoroughly with whisk. Gently fold in remaining meringue.
- Turn into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, just until cake tests done. Let stand 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to cool.
- When layers are cool, fill with Coconut Filling (below) between layers. Using 2/3 cup Fondant Frosting (below), spread thin layer smoothly over top and sides. This seals any crumbs. Pour about 1/2 cup additional frosting over top of cake and spread quickly to smooth layer. Cover sides of cake with second layer of frosting.
- Dip marshmallow quarters in remaining frosting to coat both sides and set randomly over top and sides of cake.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
- Coconut Filling:
- Combine butter, marshmallows and wine in top of double boiler. Set over simmering water and stir occasionally until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Cool until thick enough to spread.
- Fondant Frosting:
- Sift sugar into top of double boiler. Add corn syrup and water. Stir over simmering water until smooth. Blend in vanilla, salt, and almond extract. Stir in food color, if desired. Keep frosting warm while using so it spreads smoothly.
- Don't Ask - Don't Tell
- WASC Scratch Cake
Currently, there are 918 Active Users (18 Members and 900 Guests)
- › Red Velvet (pound?) Cake recipe dense enough to stack 3 teir 7 minutes ago
- › How much batter per cupcake? 8 minutes ago
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 14 minutes ago
- › How much to charge Angry bird and gift box cake??? 22 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 24 minutes ago
- › Frosting my cake 28 minutes ago
- › Metallic Gold Chevron Print 32 minutes ago
- › Bhahaha!!! Graduation "Cat!" 33 minutes ago
- › Best fix for using Americolor with MMF? 37 minutes ago
- › Pricing spread sheet?? 39 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan