Pineapple Mojo Cake
Edited on 5/5/04
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Wet Coconut/Pineapple cakeEdited on 6/3/10
- Yummy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Pineapple Meringue Cake
Posted by AnonymousHere's a great cake that combines the fluffiness of yellow cake with the crunchiness of meringue and a pineapple-whipped cream filling.
Pineapple Meringue Cake
- 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup white sugar 2 egg yolks 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup milk 2 egg whites 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round pans.
2 In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk. Pour into two 8 inch round cake pans.
3 Wash and dry beaters and bowl thoroughly. In a large, bowl beat egg whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the rum extract until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Drop small spoonfuls of meringue over unbaked batter in pans, then carefully spread out to cover. Sprinkle pecans over meringue and press lightly into surface.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes.
5 Carefully remove from pans. Turn cake layers meringue side up and let cool thoroughly. About 1 to 2 hours before serving, make the filling: Combine whipping cream, confectioners sugar, and the remaining vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold in pineapple.
6 Place one layer, meringue side up, on cake plate. Spread filling over. Place second layer on top with meringue side up. Chill 1 to 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › 6 tier wedding cake 10 minutes ago
- › help 19 minutes ago
- › Help!! 25 minutes ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 34 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 37 minutes ago
- › Home bakery starting.... Need help! 38 minutes ago
- › Hydrangea help!! 42 minutes ago
- › Borders we love Pt.2 (fondant) 47 minutes ago
- › Favorite Cookie Icing / Frosting 58 minutes ago
- › Recipe for sponge cake that can be frozen (wedding) 59 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950