Italian Wedding Cake - from Semi-Homemade w/ Sandra Lee
Edited on 7/3/07
- Zucchini Cake IIIEdited on 8/16/04
- Unbelievable Pineapple CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Pineapple Sheet Cake I
Alphabetical Article List
Pineapple Layer Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a plain white layer cake with a creamy pineapple filling.
Pineapple Layer Cake
- 2/3 cup butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1 cup milk 3 cups cake flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 4 egg whites 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 egg yolks 1/4 cup white sugar 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 Cream the butter or margarine with 1.5 cups sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2 Sift the flour 4 times with the baking powder. Add the sifted ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
3 Beat the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry. Fold them into the batter.
4 Pour the batter into three 9 inch round cake pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for approximately 30 minutes. Place on wire racks until cool.
5 While the layers are cooling make the filling. Combine the egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, corn starch, and pineapple juice in the top of a double boiler. Cook until thick; stir often. Cool, and spread filling on top of two of the layers. Sprinkle nuts and crushed pineapple on top of filling. Place these two layers one on top of the other, and place third layer on the top. Frost with any white frosting.
- Zucchini Cake III
- › how to make fondant shiny 7 minutes ago
- › 6 tier wedding cake 20 minutes ago
- › Cake Lettering Help!!! 27 minutes ago
- › Hydrangea help!! 35 minutes ago
- › Help!! 42 minutes ago
- › newbie here 45 minutes ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 52 minutes ago
- › How long do cakes stay fresh 54 minutes ago
- › Cake Photo's With Faces Clarification 58 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950