Posted by cakerookieUse in place of gumpaste. Great for humid climates.
- 1 Tablespoon water 1 Envelope knox gelatin 1 Tablespoon glucose (room temperature) 1 Pound powdered sugar
- Place water in a large glass measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin. Place the mixture in the microwave and heat for 60 seconds.
- Remove and stir in glucose.
- In a large bowl place the pound of sugar and make a well, pour the mixture in, fold in sugar with a wooden spoon until a paste is formed.
- Place an additional 1 2/3 cups on countertop and knead until paste is pliable but soft. It may take 2 cups, but keep in mind not too add to much sugar.
- Paste is great for humid climates.
- If using deep colors like red it is suggested you use 2 cups instead of 1 2/3 cups on this recipe.
- IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AND ADD FOOD COLORING (EX: MAKE LEAVES) YOU SHOULD ADD THE COLOR WHEN YOU TAKE THE MIXTURE OUT OF THE MICROWAVE AND MIX IN THE GLUCOSE.
- THIS ELMINATES ALL THE EXTRA WORK OF KNEADING THE COLOR IN.( THIS IS ONLY IF COLORING THE ENTIRE BATCH OF PASTE!)
- YOU CAN AIRBRUSH PASTILLAGE.