Edited on 6/27/12
- Easy whipped chocolate frostingEdited on 6/8/11
- Shoo-fly PieEdited on 2/24/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by alfieThis is one of the fillings I used to fill the mini-tarts for the petit fours in the photo. It is very simple and different. For those of you who are not familiar with the taste of passionfruit, the flavor is similar to a cross between a sweet peach and a lemon. It is a good tropical flavor. I will post the tart dough soon.
- 3 oz. sugar, granulated 5 oz. passionfruit puree 7 oz. eggs, whole 4 oz. sugar, granulated 1/2 oz. lemon juice 7 oz. butter, cubed and room temperature
- 1. In a non-corrosive saucepan (preferably stainless steel), bring the first sugar and passionfruit puree to a boil.
- 2. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, second sugar and lemon juice until well combined. Do not whip to a froth.
- 3. Pour 1/3 of the boiling mixture into the egg mixture to temper it. Whisk vigorously to prevent the hot mixture from curdling the eggs. Pour the remaining hot liquid into the egg mixture while whisking. Return the mixture back to the saucepan.
- 4. Bring the mixture to a boil while constantly whisking. Let the mixture boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- 5. Let the mixture cool to 122F (50C) in an ice bath or simply by constantly stirring it to decrease cooling time.
- 6. Add the cubed butter little by little until totally incorporated. Stir in the butter until the mixture is totally smooth and glossy.
- 7. Use immediately into pre-baked tart shells. Store any leftover curd in a tightly wrapped container.
- Easy whipped chocolate frosting
Currently, there are 1111 Active Users (30 Members and 1081 Guests)
- › Need HELP please to create a triple swag 5 minutes ago
- › How do I post my CC 'badge'? 5 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake help 12 minutes ago
- › White Chocolate Cake 12 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this Sugarveil mat? Or any that are not frumpy? 13 minutes ago
- › Madeleine Pan 21 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake for Outdoor Reception in JULY (North Carolina) 24 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 25 minutes ago
- › satin ice fondant.. 27 minutes ago
- › Advise on Baking Software compatible with Quickbooks 27 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net