Chocolate Cake from Pillsbury White Box Cake mix
Edited on 10/27/12
- My Altered WASC Cake RecipeEdited on 10/24/12
- WASC Pepper Zing CakeEdited on 7/31/12
- Peanut Butter Cake
- topicCake Mix Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Outrageous Boston Cream Pie
Posted by izzy1953This is the most delicious Boston Cream Pie ever. Discovered it by accident while trying to use of my cake scraps. Its fabulous!
Outrageous Boston Cream Pie
- 1 12.5 ounce bag of Giradehli milk chocolate chips 2 pint heavy whipping cream (divided) 1 small box of french vanilla pudding 1 cup crushed oreo cookies 1 box Pillsbury butter recipe cake mix 1/2 cup sour cream 3 eggs 1 cup water 1/3 cup butter (i use land o lakes margerine)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9" round pans
- Empty chocolate chips into small bowl. Heat 1 pint of heavy cream until almost boiling point. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let stand until melted. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Crush oreos. Set aside. Pour dry pudding into bowl of mixer. Add 1 pint of heavy cream. Mix on low speed until almost set. Stir in crushed oreos by hand. Refridgerate.
- Cream butter in mixer. Sift cake mix into bowl. Add water and begin to mix on low speed adding eggs one at a time until incorporated. Scrape down sides and add sour cream mixing until well blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Release from pan and cool completely.
- To assemble: Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Top with oreo cookie/pudding mixture. Top with second cake layer. Pour cooled ganache over entire cake. Chill if desired or if you're like me and can't wait..........eat immediately. Keep refridgerated.
- My Altered WASC Cake Recipe
Currently, there are 945 Active Users (20 Members and 925 Guests)
- › How do you prepare and organize for big/multiple orders? 2 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 2 minutes ago
- › Recipe help!! 3 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this Sugarveil mat? Or any that are not frumpy? 14 minutes ago
- › Perfect stripes..How do I do this cake?? 26 minutes ago
- › Different types of fondant 29 minutes ago
- › apple tree trunk wedding cake... how do i make this cake? 30 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 35 minutes ago
- › Begonia Pink 38 minutes ago
- › Stacking cakes 45 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950