Posted by Trials_N_ErrorSimple and really tasty.
Orange Cranberry Cake
- 2 1/4 c. flour 1 cup sugar 1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. baking powder 1/4 tsp. salt 2 cups dried cranberries (I like to put 1 cup in food processor and pulse a few times and keep the other cup of cranberries whole.) Grated rind of 2 oranges 1 cup buttermilk ¾ cup oil 2 eggs --------------------- ~ To be poured over cake and absorbed ~ 1 cup orange juice (I prefer OJ with heavy pulp) 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together then add eggs, oil and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees in a greased/floured pan.
- Remove pan from oven ? poke holes in the top of cake with fork - pour one cup of Orange juice mixed with 1 cup of powdered sugar over cake until absorbed.
- I typically make this in a tube pan and eat it as is, but tastes great with icing as well.