Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Low Cal Banana Bundt CakeEdited on 5/14/07
- Pumpkin Cake with Orange GlazeEdited on 8/15/04
- Pat's Award Winning Carrot Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Old Fashioned Prune Cake
Posted by JackieThis is a very moist and rich cake. A little troublesome, but well worth it!
Old Fashioned Prune Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil 3 eggs 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground allspice 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup buttermilk 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup prunes, pitted and chopped 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans 3/4 cup butter 3/4 cup buttermilk 1 1/2 teaspoons dark corn syrup 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour Bundt or tube pan.
2 In a medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3 In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs and 1 1/2 cup sugar. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
4 Add flour mixture, alternating with 1 cup buttermilk, starting and ending with dry ingredients. beat well after each addition. Stir in prunes, pecans and 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
5 Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
6 Make large, deep holes in hot cake and pour topping in holes and on top of cake a little at a time, giving it time to soak in.
7 For the topping: In saucepan, over medium heat, cook butter, 3/4 cup buttermilk, corn syrup and 1 1/2 cup sugar until sugar and butter melt. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla and stir.
- Low Cal Banana Bundt Cake
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 6 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 22 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 23 minutes ago
- › need to get exact color on cake pops 26 minutes ago
- › how do I make an open mouthed shark head cake pop? 26 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 28 minutes ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 44 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › This Vs. That 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan