Edited on 6/12/11
- TiramisuEdited on 6/7/11
- LIGHT CHERRY COFFEE CAKEEdited on 6/7/11
- Cherry Coffeecake
- topicCoffee Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Oatmeal Cake II
Posted by AnonymousThis a quick cake that 's hearty enough to serve for breakfast or brunch.
Oatmeal Cake II
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water 1 cup quick cooking oats 1/2 cup butter 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 3/4 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup raisins
1 Pour the boiling water over the quick oats and let stand for 20 minutes.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x15 inch baking pan .
3 Cream the shortening with the sugar until light. Beat in the eggs. Then add the oats and vanilla, mixing well.
4 Combine the baking soda, salt , cinnamon and flour. Mix until combined. Add the raisins to the flour mixture and coat well.
5 Add the raisin and flour mixture to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with whipped topping, if desired.
- › Marble cake help!! :) 2 seconds ago
- › Fondant Question...Pink Fondant, can I add 9 seconds ago
- › What about coconuts? 8 minutes ago
- › Pricing of Cupcakes 23 minutes ago
- › Satin Ice Fondant is cracking 33 minutes ago
- › I want to stack 2 circle cakes 2 different sizes on a square... 34 minutes ago
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 39 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake for Outdoor Reception in JULY (North Carolina) 45 minutes ago
- › Not sure how to go about making this cake 48 minutes ago
- › WASC recipe using "professional" cake mixes 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net