Moravian Spice Cake
Edited on 2/7/12
- Spice CakeEdited on 1/1/12
- Snickerdoodle Cake with cinnamon buttercreamEdited on 6/10/11
- Red Velvet Cake
- topicSpice Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Oatmeal Cake I
Posted by AnonymousA good, moist, oatmeal cake with a broiled coconut topping.
Oatmeal Cake I
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water 1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup butter 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 cup flaked coconut 6 tablespoons butter, melted 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup cream
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2 In a small bowl, pour boiling water over oats. Mix well, and cool.
3 In a large bowl, combine butter or margarine, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add cooled oatmeal mixture, and stir to combine. Pour batter into pan.
4 Bake for 35 minutes.
5 While cake is baking, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, coconut, melted butter or margarine, vanilla, and cream in a mixing bowl. Remove cake from oven, and turn on broiler. Drop mixture by small spoonfuls on top of cake. Spread evenly and carefully. Broil for 2 to 5 minutes, until topping is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Spice Cake
- › Help!! 20 minutes ago
- › Paint fondant on Harry Potter book cake brown?? 35 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 39 minutes ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › newbie here 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › What do you think of my cake? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? 5 hours ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950