Moravian Spice Cake
Edited on 2/7/12
- Spice CakeEdited on 1/1/12
- Snickerdoodle Cake with cinnamon buttercreamEdited on 6/10/11
- Red Velvet Cake
- topicSpice Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Oatmeal Cake I
Posted by AnonymousA good, moist, oatmeal cake with a broiled coconut topping.
Oatmeal Cake I
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water 1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup butter 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 cup flaked coconut 6 tablespoons butter, melted 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup cream
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2 In a small bowl, pour boiling water over oats. Mix well, and cool.
3 In a large bowl, combine butter or margarine, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add cooled oatmeal mixture, and stir to combine. Pour batter into pan.
4 Bake for 35 minutes.
5 While cake is baking, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, coconut, melted butter or margarine, vanilla, and cream in a mixing bowl. Remove cake from oven, and turn on broiler. Drop mixture by small spoonfuls on top of cake. Spread evenly and carefully. Broil for 2 to 5 minutes, until topping is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Spice Cake
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 11 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 12 minutes ago
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 17 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 34 minutes ago
- › Covering large cake dummy without a mat - cracking disaster - any... 56 minutes ago
- › Cake Orders? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Standing meerkat cake 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › decorating "threads" 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Newbie buying Cookie Cutters which ones First? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan