Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
NFSC - No Fail Sugar Cookies
Posted by JackieThis recipe is GREAT when using complex cookie cutters. The dough holds its' shape and won't spread during baking. Make sure you let your oven preheat for at least 1/2 hour before baking these or any other cookies.
No Fail Sugar Cookies - NFSC
- 6 cups flour 3 tsp. baking powder 2 cups unsalted butter 2 cups sugar (white granulated) 2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself) 1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours (or see Hint below)
- Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3" cookies.
HINT: Rolling Out Dough Without the Mess
- Rather than wait for your cookie dough to chill, take the freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough and paper on a cookie sheet and pop it into the refrigerator.
- Continue rolling out your dough between sheets of paper until you have used it all. By the time you are finished, the first batch will be completely chilled and ready to cut.
- Reroll leftover dough and repeat the process! An added bonus is that you are not adding any additional flour to your cookies.
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 490 Active Users (11 Members and 479 Guests)
- › Black Icing 3 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 12 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 43 minutes ago
- › What kind of doilies do you use under your cakes? 44 minutes ago
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 47 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › What to charge for VW Bus? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Wilton 1 shaped pan 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950
- › How to make a zebra print cake - bonus... by Montrealconfections