White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
No Crust Buttercream Icing
Posted by AnonymousThis very simple recipe makes a fluffy and buttery icing that doesn't crust. It's luscious and can be made in all sorts of flavors. It is not sweet because of the presence of salt which cuts the perception of sweetness and the combination of vanilla and almond extracts. Citrus flavors also cut the perception of sweetness as does the addition of milk.
No Crust Buttercream Icing
- 1 1/4 Sticks (3/4 cups) unsalted butter (or 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and 1/4 cup shortening) 2 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cups whole or 2% milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract (can substitute with vanilla extract) 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Beat butter with a hand held mixer on high until fluffy and light in color. (If using shortening, beat butter first and then add shortening). Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar. If mixture gets too thick to beat, add a few tablespoons milk from recipe.
- 2. Add extracts and salt. Add milk slowly until buttercream is the soft consistency you desire.
- 3.Beat on high for 2 to 3 minutes so mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- You can correct icing consistency with more powdered sugar (a TBSP or two) to stiffen or more milk (same) to make fluffier if necessary -- add a little at a time.
- Storage:Icing can be stored at the cool side of room temperature. Press plastic wrap on the surface of the icing when storing. Stir before using. If the butter is separating because the room is too warm, refrigerate icing and rebeat until fluffy before using.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 596 Active Users (13 Members and 583 Guests)
- › Standing meerkat cake 2 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 5 minutes ago
- › what is this called and how is it done? 13 minutes ago
- › Royal Icing problems 16 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 20 minutes ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 46 minutes ago
- › How do I do the lines in this cake 56 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 6/14/13 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan