Posted by jackie813My Nana always made this and it was a hit. Now that she is older I have now taken over this tradition. You will not be disappointed.
- Crust: 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 4 tablespoons melted butter 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon almond extract 1 teaspoon cinnamon Cheesecake: 1 pound ricotta 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz each) 1 cup of sugar 3 tablespoons flour 3 tablespoons of cornstarch 4 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 stick butter 1 pint sour cream
- 1. Comine all the crust ingredients and press well on bottom of a spring form pan. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Blend ricotta and cream cheese thoroughly. Add sugar, flour, and corn starch. Then add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla and lemon juice, and then add melted butter. Fold in sour cream.
- 3. Wrap pan in foil, pour mixture into spring form pan and sit in a large pan of water. Lower oven tempature to 325 and bake 1 hr 15 min..
- 4. Turn oven off. Do not open oven door for 2 hours. Refrigerate over night. Enjoy!!!!