Posted by jaichaThis is a recipe i got from a family member and i just love it with a chocolate fudge frosting or with cream cheese frosting. hope you enjoy.
Moist Banana Cake
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas( 3 medium ) 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup buttermilk 1/2 cup butter or margerine( softened ) 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 large eggs 2/3 cup chopped nuts(if desired )
- heat oven to 350. grease pan(s) and lightly flour.
- beat all ingredients (except nuts) in large bowl until just moistened. scrape bowl and beat on high speed for 3 minutes(scraping bowl occasionally)stir in nuts.
- pour into pan(s) and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes and then cool completely
- ( about an hour ) then frost with either cream cheese frosting or chocolate fudge frosting. life is too short to be counting calories. enjoy :)