Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- No Fault Sour Cream Pound CakeEdited on 11/8/08
- Lemon Supreme 'Pound' CakeEdited on 1/6/07
- Easy Lemon Pound Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Mocha Bundt Cake
Posted by AnonymousAn exceptionally rich and moist chocolate cake with coffee liqueur baked in. A wonderful special dessert. A non-alcoholic version can be made by replacing the liqueur with 3/4 cup chocolate syrup mixed with 1/4 cup warm water. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. A little of the glaze may be reserved to drizzle over the topping for a nice presentation.
Mocha Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cups white sugar 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 4 egg yolks 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 tablespoons cold water 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee 1 cup coffee flavored liqueur, divided 2 tablespoons vanilla extract 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 4 egg whites 1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. In a large measuring cup dissolve baking soda in water, then add coffee, 1/2 cup of the coffee liqueur, and vanilla.
2 In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cocoa, then the egg yolks one at a time. Alternately beat in the flour and the coffee mixture just until incorporated.
3 In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly but carefully fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
4 Pour batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. Pierce warm cake all over with a fork and drizzle glaze a spoonful at a time over cake until it is absorbed. Wrap cake tightly with plastic wrap to preserve moisture.
5 To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine confectioner's sugar and remaining 1/2 cup of coffee liqueur.
- No Fault Sour Cream Pound Cake
- › Tylose powder!!!???? 11 seconds ago
- › Bettercreme? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for recipes for kids' birthday cake 5 minutes ago
- › Black Icing 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › What to charge for VW Bus? 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Cake stacking -Ron Ben Israel technique 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Wedding cakes 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950