Edited on 6/14/11
- Fruit Coconut BarsEdited on 7/24/09
- No added sugar fruit cakeEdited on 11/19/08
- Yummy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Meringue Fruit cake
Posted by buzymamaThis is one of my customers favorite cakes, hope you enjoy making it and eating it!! Makes 2- 8in
Meringue Fruit cake
- For the Cake: 10 eggs - separated 9 tbs of sugar 8 tbs of flour 2 tbs of cornstarch 1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 tsp of baking soda 5 tbs of water For the inside of the cake: Gelatin pack, flavored or unflavored depending on taste fruit juices For the Meringue: 4 egg whites 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water For the fruit topping: Most any fruit you'd like, I use these: Pineapples, kiwi, strawberry, peach, grapes.
- For the cake:
- 1.prepare pans ( two 8in or 9 in) by covering inside in shortening and flour
- 2.separate the eggs,
- 3.beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff peaks are formed
- 4.beat the egg yolks with the water until creamy almost white
- 5. sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda and add it to the egg yolk mixture a little at a time.
- 6. pour egg white mixture into yolk mixture, mix with a spoon,or spatula, carefully mixing one way.
- 7. pour into pans, bake from 20 to 25 min depending on your oven.
- When cake is cooled, make syrup for inside,
- 1. use the juice from fruit cans if using them, if not water is fine, 1 cup of liquid is what I use
- 2. warm the juice or water and mix in the gelatin, flavored if using with water
- unflavored if using with juices. Or play it by ear... it's good either way.
- 3. pour it into the cake, a little at a time, how much you put in depends on your taste of dry to soggy preference
- 4. let sit in the fridge from 1 to 3 hours
- **** I like to cut up some fruit into tiny pieces and mix it up with whipped cream and put it in the middle of the cake also.
- When ready make the Meringue:
- 1. start boiling the sugar and water, when it starts to boil
- 2. start mixing the egg whites
- 3, sugar mixture should be at hard candy stage I think it's about 250-260 degrees,
- 4 when egg whites are forming stiff peaks, slowly pour in the sugar keep mixing at full speed for about 5 min, or until it's cooled down.
- 5 then spread it on the cake, it can get sticky so you need a cup of warm water for the spatula. that will leave it looking smooth.
- Cut the fruit up, wash and dry and set on the top to make any design you want!!
- Fruit Coconut Bars
Currently, there are 833 Active Users (20 Members and 813 Guests)
- › Help!! 2 minutes ago
- › Sam's Club 10 minutes ago
- › My first ever cake! What do you think? 16 minutes ago
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 16 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › SOS: Cake broke into 3 pieces, due tomorrow morning! 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Can I substitute something else for eggs in a boxed mix??? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Magic Decor anyone? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Zombie Cake with Squirting/Oozing blood 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950