Decadent White Chocolate Cake
Edited on 3/12/07
- Texas Pecan Candy CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Texas Brazil Nut FruitcakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Saucy Cherry Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Mazarin Cake II
Posted by AnonymousA nutty almond filling baked in a shortdough crust! This cake might be a little heavy after a large dinner but is perfect at the reception!
Mazarin Cake II
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons white sugar 7 tablespoons butter 1 egg yolk 10 1/2 ounces almond paste 5 tablespoons butter, chilled 2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 1 cup confectioners' sugar 2 tablespoons water 12 maraschino cherries, garnish
1 Combine flour, sugar in a food processor, add the 7 tablespoons butter and egg yolk. Pulse until mixture comes together as smooth dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and briefly knead the dough. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll the dough out to about a 12 inch circle. Cover the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
3 Cut almond paste and butter into pieces and combine in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and process until smooth. Mix in almond extract. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Let cool for 20 minutes, then gently loosen sides of pan and cool completely.
5 In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with water to make a thin glaze. Spread on top of cake and garnish with cherries.
- Texas Pecan Candy Cake
- › colour of pluto? 5 minutes ago
- › Boutique stand shape with rice krispies - How 26 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 48 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Press Article... can't hurt business!! 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › HELP for wedding cake:can i make gumpaste ruffles on MMF covered cake? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Verity of cakes 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Strawberry Cake 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net