Cottage cheese charlotte
Edited on 6/13/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Old Fashioned Chocolate CakeEdited on 9/11/09
- Easy Cream Puff Dessert
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by alfieIf you are new to the petit fours arena, do not be intimidated. Most of the "oohs" and "aahs" of this type of work comes from the decorations and attention to detail to each item. One way to make a good impression is to invest in the silicone flexipan/fleximolds to make the impossible possible. The use of gelatin helps this fluid mass maintain it's shape; but not forever. This recipe is a pate a bomb batter which slightly warmed mascarpone cheese and whipped cream is folded into. TEMPERATURE IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS RECIPE SO PLEASE READ THROUGH THE RECIPE.
- Mascarpone cream-bring to 90F (32C) 1 lb 5 oz. Egg yolks-room temp. 6 oz. Sugar, granulated 8 oz. Water 4 oz. Gelatin sheets, soaked and dissolved 4 each Heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks 16 oz.
- 1. Place the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl.
- 2. Make a bombe batter by whipping the egg yolks, sugar and water over a double boiler until it triples in volume. Once achieved, remove from the double boiler.
- 3. Gently add the melted gelatin sheets to the bombe batter and whip gently until the mixture cools to about 100F (38C).
- 4. In one step add and fold the bombe batter into the mascarpone cheese. Fold gently until almost smooth.
- 5. Finally fold in the soft whipped cream. DO NOT OVERMIX!!
- 6. Use immediately
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 877 Active Users (21 Members and 856 Guests)
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 14 minutes ago
- › HELP!!!!! How do I fix this? 20 minutes ago
- › How do you clean piping bags? 22 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 25 minutes ago
- › Cool trick to level cakes! 26 minutes ago
- › Coloring with gumpaste and fondant 58 minutes ago
- › What to charge for VW Bus? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Bettercreme? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Finding Cake Decorators 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950