Edited on 10/26/12
- Rolled Vanilla FondantEdited on 10/25/12
- Rolled ButtercreamEdited on 10/25/12
- Molding Chocolate Clay
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by Lady_PhoenixChocolate, almond truffles that are to die for! My most requested truffle.
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces 1/3 cup heavy cream 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan 1 tsp amaretto liqueur 1/4 cup cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds (for toppings)
- 1. Grate the marzipan.
- 2. Use a double boiler, or create one by filling a pot with 1" of water and placing a metal bowl on top. The water must not come in contact with the bowl. Put over medium heat.
- 3. Add the chocolate, heavy cream and grated marzipan. Stir constantly with a dry rubber spatula or dry wooden spoon (see tip on lower left.)
- 4. Mixture should be melted and smooth in about ten minutes. Remove from heat and place on wire rack.
- 5. Whisk in amaretto liqueur. Cool bowl on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 6. Put on your latex gloves. Scoop out a rounded teaspoon of mixture, and roll into a ball.
- 7. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds. If the balls become too soft to work with, put in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- 8. Put in tiny paper cups.
- If you have to ask, you don't want to know.
- Rolled Vanilla Fondant
Currently, there are 1114 Active Users (30 Members and 1084 Guests)
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 3 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 4 minutes ago
- › Standing meerkat cake 8 minutes ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 9 minutes ago
- › Baking Supply store in the greater Atlanta GA area??? 10 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 11 minutes ago
- › Smoothing a cake with high ratio shortening 12 minutes ago
- › Canon PIXMA ip3600. Is it worth it??? 14 minutes ago
- › Rich's Bettercreme - 32 oz liquid container - how many cupcakes... 16 minutes ago
- › What do you think? 18 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan