Posted by bashiniMy mom gave this recipe to me. Its a big hit when ever we have a party.
- 1 tin of condensed Milk 2 tins of water, mesured from the condensed milk tin 3 tbls of Custurd Powder 4 Eggs 3 tsp of gelatin 1 cup of sugar Few drops of coloouring of your chooice - optional Cadju nuts or Fruits to decorate
- 1 - Put the custurd powder into a bowl
- 2 - Seperate the egg whites put it into a mixing bowl. And leave the eggyolks aside.
- 3 - Put the condenced milk and the water into a saucepan and slightly warm it up on a low heat.
- 4 - Then take 3 tbls from the milk and add it to the custurd powder and mix well. And then add the 4 egg yolks to it and mix well again.
- 5 - Then take the milk off the heat and add it little at a time to the custurd powder mixture and keep on sturing really well. Do not let it curdle. If it happens you have to start it all over again.
- 6 - Put that miture back in to the saucepan and bring it up to boil on a low heat till it becomes a thick consistency.
- 7 - When it becomes thick take it out of the heat and put it into a big glass bowl and leave it aside to cool completely.
- 8 - While the custurd is cooling, desolve the gelatine with a bit of hot water.
- 9 - When custurd is cool, start beating the egg whites and when it comes to soft peak add the sugar little by little and then add the gelatine very slowly. At this point you can add some colouring of your choice to give it a nice look.
- 10 - Beat it for few minutes and then put it on top of the custurd.
- 11 - Then you can fry the cadju nuts in a little bit of butter and sprikle it on the top or you can use any fruit you like.