Edited on 10/26/12
- Rolled Vanilla FondantEdited on 10/25/12
- Rolled ButtercreamEdited on 10/25/12
- Molding Chocolate Clay
Alphabetical Article List
Marshmallow Fondant (MMF)
Posted by prettytoyaA very tasty alternative to buttercream icing or regular fondant. Read the full instruction and photos here!
Marshmallow Fondant (MMF)
- 16 oz white marshmallows 2 tb water 2 lb icing sugar (approx. 8 cups confectioners' or powdered sugar) (DO NOT USE ALL OF THE SUGAR)
- 1. Melt marshmallows and water in a double boiler or microwave.
- Heat until melted.
- 2. Place half of the sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour melted marshmallow in and mix.
- 3. Add remaining sugar and continue kneading. (add more powedered sugar in tablespoons as you are kneading. Micture should not be sticky)
- ---grease your hands and the bowl.
- Also, let this stuff rest overnight.
- It will be pretty stiff when you try to knead it again, but it can be microwaved for five to ten seconds (start off with 5) and it will soften right up and be perfect for rolling out and playing with.
- Discard all the crusty residues.
- TO USE
- if fondant is too hard, place about 30 sec. in microwave. Dust work table with cornstarch, and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Then roll as thin as you want with rolling pin dusted in cornstarch. To avoid it from stickin to your work surface, turn rolled dough frequently, and continue dusting with cornstarch until you have reached desired thinnes.
- To color: Separate small amounts of fondant & color with paste food colours to the desired tone. Knead until colour is smooth and completely uniform.
- This fondant does not set fast at all. When you have formed your flowers, set them on a curved surface so they don't loose their shape (hang them upside down) It will not be as perfect as Gum Paste, but it will work. Also, start making flowers at least two days in advance to allow them to set.
- add 2oz melted vanilla candy melts.
- Rolled Vanilla Fondant
Currently, there are 670 Active Users (12 Members and 658 Guests)
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 4 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 24 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 35 minutes ago
- › 3D Bust Cakes???? 38 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 47 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 55 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Can you turn any ganache into a ganache buttercream? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › How to make a bottle pouring out on a cake? 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking