Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Peanut Butter Marble CakeEdited on 7/20/07
- Dr. Pepper CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Milky Way ? Cake IV
Alphabetical Article List
Marron Layer Cake
Posted by AnonymousA delectable combination of chestnuts, chocolate, and yellow layer cake that makes a great birthday surprise!
Marron Layer Cake
- 2 cups white sugar 4 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cup white wine 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup sweetened chestnut puree 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 4 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate 3 tablespoons cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar 8 marrons glaces (candied chestnuts)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round layer cake pans.
2 Beat eggs and white sugar together with an electric mixer. Add oil, wine, flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
3 Pour batter into pans and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
4 Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Turn them out on wire rack and let cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before frosting.
5 Using a cake slicer or a serrated knife cut each layer in half lengthwise. Arrange one layer on serving dish and spread with one third of the chestnut puree, top with second layer spread 1/3 of chestnut puree on top, top with third layer and spread remaining chestnut puree. Arrange last layer on top and set cake aside.
6 To Make Icing: Melt butter and chocolate together in the top part of a double boiler. Once melted remove from heat and whisk in cream, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour warm chocolate icing over top of cake and garnish with whole candied chestnuts.
- Peanut Butter Marble Cake
- › Sand!! 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 11 minutes ago
- › Finding Cake Decorators 31 minutes ago
- › How do I smooth buttercream after it's been refrigerated? 33 minutes ago
- › How much pay for this cake? 33 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 51 minutes ago
- › Broken Buttercream? Please help! 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › HELP!!!!! How do I fix this? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Will modeling chocolate accents soften on cream cheese frosting? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950