Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Peanut Butter Marble CakeEdited on 7/20/07
- Dr. Pepper CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Milky Way ? Cake IV
Alphabetical Article List
Marble Crumb Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is one of my favorite easy cakes. I usually have this for my birthday cake.
Marble Crumb Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup butter 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 13x9 inch cake pan.
2 Combine 1/2 cup of the flour and the brown sugar, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, stir in the chopped nuts and set aside.
3 In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate chips and set aside to cool.
4 In a large bowl mix the remaining 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the shortening, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Blend and then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
5 Combine 1 cup of the batter and the melted cooled chocolate, mix well.
6 Alternate spooning the light and the dark batters into the prepared 13x9 cake pan. Cut through with a knife to marble. Sprinkle top with the reserved nut mixture.
7 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool and enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Marble Cake
- › Pure Pantry Baking mix? 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 10 minutes ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 13 minutes ago
- › Hola a todos ;) 35 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 38 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 50 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 50 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 52 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tazas de syrup por bizcocho 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950