Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Peanut Butter Marble CakeEdited on 7/20/07
- Dr. Pepper CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Milky Way ? Cake IV
Alphabetical Article List
Maraschino Cherry Nut Cake
Posted by AnonymousA very good and moist cake with a lovely pink color perfect for birthdays, showers, or anniversaries.
Maraschino Cherry Nut Cake
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/3 cups white sugar 3 egg whites 2/3 cup milk 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries 1/2 cup chopped pecans 3/4 cup butter 6 cups confectioners' sugar 1/3 cup milk 6 drops red food coloring 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans or one 9x13 inch cake pan. Reserve 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice. Coarsely chop the cherries to make 1/2 cup. Set aside.
2 Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3 Beat shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 1/3 cups white sugar and beat until well combined. Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each.
4 Combine 2/3 cup milk and 1/4 cup cherry juice. Add the flour and milk mixture alternately to the shortening mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. Stir in the chopped cherries and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5 Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes for two 8 or 9 inch round cakes or for 30 to 35 minutes for a 9x13 inch pan. Cool cakes in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pans and allow to them to cool fully before frosting.
6 To Make Butter Frosting: Beat 3/4 cups butter in a large bowl till fluffy. Gradually add 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, beat well. Slowly beat in 1/3 cup milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually beat in the remaining 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar. Beat in additional milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) if needed, to make frosting of spreading consistency. If desired tint the frosting pink by adding 6 drops of red food coloring.
7 Once cake is completely cool frost with butter frosting and decorate with maraschino cherries with stems.
- Peanut Butter Marble Cake
- › Overbid a cake 37 seconds ago
- › creating an air-brushed look without the kit??? Can it be done? 12 minutes ago
- › New ca cottage industry law and license requirements 29 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 57 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 58 minutes ago
- › Hi, I need help 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Cake v. Cupcake Recipes 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net