White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThe perfect ending to a great meal - marvelous maple flavor!
- CAKE: 1 cup walnut halves 1 1/2 cups cake flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup buttermilk 3 tablespoons canola oil 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 2 large eggs, room temperature 2 large egg whites, room temperature 1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® Granular 5/8 cup non-fat dry milk MAPLE CREAM FROSTING AND DRIZZLE: 1 tablespoon water 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin 2 large egg whites 1/2 cup Log Cabin® Sugar Free Low Calorie Syrup 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 pinch salt 1/3 cup light whipping cream
1 Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Toast nuts until fragrant, approximately 4-6 minutes. Let cool.
2 Combine 2/3 nuts, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a food processor or blender. Process until nuts are finely ground.
3 In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
4 In a large bowl beat eggs, egg whites, SPLENDA and non-fat, dry milk with an electric mixer on high speed, until mixture is thick and pale, approximately 3-5 minutes.
5 Fold a portion of the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Then fold a portion of the wet ingredients into the egg mixture. Continue process until both the dry and wet ingredients are combined with the egg mixture. Start and end with the dry ingredients.
6 Bake in two greased and floured 2x9 pans at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes.
7 Maple Cream Frosting and Drizzle: In a small bowl, combine water and vanilla. Sprinkle with gelatin and let soften for 1 minute.
8 In a double boiler bring about 1 inch of water to a slight simmer. In a heatproof mixing bowl, combine egg whites, syrup, cream of tartar and salt. Set bowl over simmering water and beat with an electric mixer on low speed, moving beaters constantly, until an instant thermometer reads 140 degrees F. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
9 Increase mixer speed to high and continue beating for 3 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Add gelatin mixture and continue to beat until cooled to room temperature, approximately 4-5 minutes.
10 In a chilled bowl, beat cream with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold into meringue with rubber spatula.
11 Cake Assembling and Decorating: Place 1 cake layer, top-side down, on a cake plate. Spread 1 cup frosting on cake. Top with second cake layer top-side up. Spread remaining frosting over top.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
- › Marshmallow fondant... For sculpting? 39 seconds ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 10 minutes ago
- › Chevron/Zig Zag Fondant Cutter 10 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 15 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 17 minutes ago
- › I made cream puffs.... 19 minutes ago
- › 2" or 3" Deep Pans for Wedding Cakes? 31 minutes ago
- › Tree trunk cake... 34 minutes ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Any fancy bakeries or great supply shops in Memphis, TN? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking